We are in the prime era of the digital age, and if you don’t have a digital strategy you’re probably falling behind your competitors.
Check out these quick digital facts from Omincore:
- 50% of people are more likely to click on a brand name if it appears more than once in search results.
- Close to half of the world’s populations, 3.03 billion people, are on some form of social media.
- More than 50% of smartphone owners will reach for it immediately upon waking up.
- 53% of all paid-search ads are completed via a mobile device.
- 42% of companies have a designated content strategist executive to ensure all content is meeting branding expectations and being released at the right time.
- About 49% of businesses use some form of email automation.
We’ve put together our top 5 reasons that your business should have a digital strategy, whether that’s PPC, SEO, Content or Social, you should be thinking about these.
1. To develop a clear strategy that will provide focus for your goals
A lot of companies know that they want to grow their social media channels and their conversions. But these goals need to be more concrete than simply ‘growth’. By determining specific goals, you can measure these and optimise for them. Without concrete goals it can be difficult to have an effective strategy.
2. To keep potential customers away from competitors
If you don’t go digital, you’re missing out on customers, and your customers are heading to your competitors. The digital industry and ad space is highly competitive so you need to be actively competing to be there.
3. To optimise your methods for effectiveness
As mentioned above, having concrete goals is essential for having an effective strategy. By having concrete goals and strategy, you can optimise for effectiveness. By building in check-ups on your methods you can be certain that you aren’t wasting time or resources, and you’ll be meeting your goals.
4. To become more responsive for your audience
With digital, you have more room to interact with your audience. Responsive businesses are highly rated by consumers. By having a digital strategy and committing resources to your digital accounts you can gain new customers and retain existing ones. By not being responsive, you put yourself at risk for losing business to competitors.
5. To Know Your Online Demand
Lastly, having a digital strategy is important for knowing the amount of online demand for your business. Knowing your online demand is crucial to how you develop your business and can even give you ideas for development. By having an online strategy you can develop your business in the right direction and provide better services to your customers.