Lead generation ads can be incredibly powerful for businesses of any size. Whether it is to fill up your newsletter email database or to get your customers into the funnel, you have many options. Not only are they powerful, they are highly efficient and often save you a lot of money.
In this blog post, we will be running through what exactly lead gen ads are, their pros and cons and the channels they can be used on.
As a professional affiliate and lead generation marketing agency, we would of course be singing the praises of lead gen ads. But we do this because we know they work.
What are they?
Lead generation ads are simply a way for you to gain customer lead data with a paid ad. Usually in the format of a form, you are able to specify exactly what data you want your customer to fill out to ensure it is in-line with your lead needs.
It varies from channel to channel, but the main fields available are personal contact information (including name, phone number, email and address), custom multiple-choice questions and custom open questions.
Why are they so great?
There are many advantages to running lead generation campaigns, especially running them with Blue Thirst. Here are a few:
- With Blue Thirst, you will only pay for the leads you receive. We pay the media and manage the campaigns; all you have to do is pay for the leads we generation. Sounds good, right?
- With Blue Thirst, you will pay for your leads at an agreed price. There won’t be any surprises in your monthly invoice. The leads we generate are sold to you at a pre-arranged cost per lead.
- We take care of everything. Our team will manage everything, all you have to do is wait for your leads to come in. It’s that simple.
- Your ads will convert at a higher rate than on your website. This is because it is much easier to get a user to convert there and then without sending them to a website. Plus, the forms often auto-fill so it makes your customer’s job even easier!
- You will only show ads to your target audience. We use detailed audience targeting to ensure your ads are shown to your target audience. This generates more leads for you with a higher conversion rate.
With every ad type, there will always be some disadvantages. Luckily, lead gen ads have very few:
- Your proposition has to be strong enough to get users to convert. Needless to say, if your CTA is not compelling then your users will not convert. Ensure what you are selling will engage people, such as a free guide or weekly newsletter.
- Be aware of GDPR. With handling any customer data, GDPR is a big factor. However, at Blue Thirst we follow regulations to ensure customer data is handled properly keeping your business and your customers safe.
What channels can I use?
Lead generation ads run on the following marketing channels; Facebook Ads, Google Ads Search and, most recently, Google Ads YouTube.
The lead gen ads run great on these channels for the pure reason that they keep you on that page. They don’t send you to a website where you have to click three or four times to complete the conversion. The conversion is immediately available.
With more channels rolling out this feature each month, now is the best time to start running lead generation ads for your business. Contact Blue Thirst today or find out more about our affiliate services here.