Understanding the value of your audience with the latest Google Partners Livestream.
Why is knowing the value of your audience important?
- 96% of users leave a site without converting
- 70% abandon shopping carts without making a purchase
- 49% of users visit 2-4 sites before converting
So, how can you reach your audience to prevent these happening?
- Identify= understand who your target audience is and tailor your marketing around this.
- Re-Engage= use remarketing to re-attract the interest of users who did not convert.
- Expand= grow your audience through interesting and relevant ads.
In a last-click attribute* world, remarketing is the only campaign that gains credit for the conversion.
Google has suggests a set of metrics to move beyond the last-click attribute. Firstly, ‘View-Through Conversions’ which measures how many visitors saw your ad on the Google Display Network but did not click on it. Secondly, ‘Click-Assisted Conversions’ which is the total number of conversions that a keyword contributed one or more assist clicks. Finally, Impression-Assisted Conversions’ which is the total number of conversions that a keyword gave assist impressions before the last click.
How can you move away from the last’touch attribute?
Google Analytics offers many multi-funnel features to see beyond the last-touch including ‘Top Conversion Paths’, ‘Time Lag’ and ‘Assisted Conversions’ views.
Furthermore, you can move away from this attribute by measuring Display differently. This can be done using Attribution Models, to incorporate impressions and avoid double counting, or even customizing Attribution Models to tailor them specifically for your goals.
- Advertisers should have a in-depth understanding of who their audience is and how to market to them.
- More metrics should be looked at to move away from the last-click attribute.
- Advertisers should look at visual attributes using Google Analytics features.
*the last-touch attribute refers to the last touch interaction by a user.