Using social media for marketing can enable businesses to look further into reaching more customers. Those potential customers are interacting with brands through social media, therefore, having a strong social media marketing plan and presence on the web is the key to tap into their interest. If it is executed correctly SMM can bring remarkable success to your business.
You may be aware of popular sites such as Twitter, the social site where people share short messages with others, which is a great way to update an audience of any news.
Facebook, the biggest social networking platform in the world. A place site where you can share updates, photos, join events and a large variety of other activities.
As of the second quarter of 2015, Facebook had 1.49 billion monthly active users. Active users are those which have logged in to Facebook during the last 30 days. So as you can imagine having a social media marketing plan involving Facebook is a great idea if you want to reach out to a larger audience.
Before you begin creating social media campaigns, consider your goals.
Starting a social media marketing campaign with a strategy in mind is like wandering through a forest without a map.
Create a social media marketing plan and brainstorm about your goals: What are you hoping to achieve through social media marketing? Who is your target audience? Where would your target audience hang out and how would they use social media? What message do you want to send to your audience with social media?
Social media marketing can help benefit with a variety of goals such as:
- Website Traffic
- Brand awareness
- Creating a brand identity and positive brand association
- Communication and interaction with key audiences
Social media marketing tips:
- Planning: It is essential to have a strong social media marketing plan. It would be a good idea to look in to keyword research and think of content ideas that will interest your target audience.
- Content: Make sure you are offering valuable information that your ideal customers will find interesting, which can then be a talking point. You can also relate it to your brand so that the posts are relevant too. The content could be a variety of photos, videos and even text-based.
- Brand image: As mentioned, there are a few popular platforms for social media. While each platform has its own unique environment and voice, your business’ core identity should stay consistent.
- Blog: Blogging is a great social media marketing tool that lets you share a wide amount of information and content to the readers (your audience). Your company blog can also serve as your own social media marketing blog, in which you blog about your recent social media efforts, contests and events.
- Track competitors: There will always be a brand similar to your own so it’s always important to keep an eye out on those competitors, they can provide valuable data for keyword research, and industry related links and other social media marketing ideas. If your competitors are using a certain technique that looks like it may be working for them then why not try it, do it better.
- Measure success with analytics: You can’t determine the success of your social media strategies without tracking data. Google analytics can be used as a great social media marketing tool that will help you measure your techniques and how well they have done.
You then have the option of seeing which strategies haven’t worked out and would be better off abandoning. Attach tracking tags to your social media marketing campaigns so that you can properly monitor them.