Planning to open next week or just opened to the public, two steps to take today to show your customers the steps you have taken to keep them safe.
There is a real mixed opinion about the relaxation and return to work plans for the next couple of days, weeks and months.
The office of National Statistics (UK) said recently 29% of its respondents were very, or somewhat worried about the effect Covid-19 is having on their life. The New York Times reported last month 60% of office workers want to continue working from home.
Trip advisor has published the following stats from its research:
- More than 9 out of 10 (92%) said cleanliness is the most important factor in selecting accommodations.
- More than 8 in 10 (84%) said cleanliness or sanitization certificates are important when booking a travel experience.
- Nearly 8 in 10 (79%) said it’s important to publicly display compliance to government safety standards.
So despite your personal feelings about the lockdown being relaxed there is probably a good chance at least a % of customers are going to be nervous about it.
To help relieve some of this anxiety there are some updates that you can make to your Yelp and Tripadvisor profiles for people researching.
Yelp allows you to display a COVID-19 banner where you can pre select how you are staying safe and still trading, this information is then displayed on your company profile.
If Tripadvisor is an important advertising tool for you there are two things that you should do today.
- Log into your Tripadvisor management center account and select the safety measure you have in place.
- Complete the Tripadvisor checklist and submit it. This will keep you showing if someone selects the “properties taking COVID-19 safety measures”.
Both are free and quick to complete … no brainer.